The accused have illegally transferred government land in Lalitpur to a private housing company.
The Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA) on Sunday registered a corruption case against 17 people, including seven government officials, for illegally transferring government land in Lalitpur to a private housing company.
According to the CIAA Spokesperson Taranath Adhikari, the accused transferred the ownership of the land to the private company by tampering the survey map published in 2022 BS. The private company then sold the land to the general public.
The transferred land is spread over an area of eight ropanis in wards 23 and 28 of Lalitpur Metropolitan City.
The government officials involved in the corruption are:
- Buddhiman Jaisi, Former Chief of the Survey Office in Lalitpur
- Baleshwor Yadav, Survey Officer
- Keshav Thapa Magar, Surveyor
- Baburam Khanal, Former Chief at Lalitpur Land Revenue Office
- Khyam Narayan Poudel, Class I Non-gazetted Officer
- Dinesh Neupane, Class I Non-gazetted Officer
- Atmaram Luitel, Class II Non-gazetted Officer
Likewise, the anti-corruption body registered a corruption case against the owners of private housing companies, including:
Owners of Euro Housing Developers Pvt Ltd and Euro Land Developers Pvt Ltd:
- Gunikaji Manandhar
- Yogeshwor Krishna Parajuli
- Krishna Raj Shrestha
- Tanka Bahadur Shrestha
- Gopal Das Manandhar
- Babin Manandhar
- Ujjawal Manandhar
Owners of Kathmandu Hospital Private Limited:
- Ishwor Lal Acharya
- Durgaman Joshi
- Durgesh Nandini Bhattachan
However, The CIAA has retrieved NPR 20.233 million in fines from the accused.
Stay Tuned to NepaliSansar for Latest Nepal Government News!